[Mailman-Developers] LDAP-based list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Sep 4 19:51:41 CEST 2005

Patrice Albaret wrote:

>I m currently using the LDAP-connector developped by Martin :
>http://webserver.offal.homelinux.org/LDAPMemberAdaptor/V3.0/LDAPMemberAdaptor/
>
>I've modified it for being usable with very large LDAP directories
>(rebuilding an adress instead of making an ldap request for each
>member).
>That's not the point.

Maybe that is the point. See below.

>My problem : the member list seems just right through the web
>interface or even the bin/list_members script at all time (updating
>when the ldap group is updated etc...).
>But in fact, the changes in the delivery list are effectives only
>after a restart of the mailman processes ...
>
>The list seems cached... maybe in the config.pck file ...

The list probably is cached, but not in config.pck. The web interface
and command line tools are a new process each time a web wrapper or
command line tool is invoked, but the qrunners which do the work of
handling and delivering posts are processes that keep running between
restarts. Thus the various python modules get cached, and presumably
in this case information from the LDAP directories (or pieces thereof)
gets cached in variables within the LDAP Member Adaptor.

You have to insure that calls to getMembers(), getRegularMemberKeys(),
etc. go to the LDAP directory each time and don't rely on previously
retrieved information.

Either that or perhaps set up a cron to do 'bin/mailmanctl restart'
periodically to resync.