[Mailman-Developers] [patch] Spam report functionality

Rick van der Zwet rick at wzoeterwoude.net
Fri Aug 10 12:02:03 CEST 2007

On 8/10/07 11:31 AM, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> --On 10 August 2007 02:26:45 +0200 Rick van der Zwet
[snip: spam patch proposal]
>> This will make the moderators more happy, cause they are able to
>> contribute to the improvement of the spam filter. I do believe this will
>> gradually lower the amount of false negatives, cause having people to
>> teach the spam filter is great :-)
>
> That's nice. Don't forget that you need to show good email as well as spam,
> otherwise SA will believe everything is spam.

Yes true, feeding SA initially with 1000 good (ham) messages and set
autolearn to true will do this. But other implementations of spam
filtering are also possible, there are plenty systems around.

The patch any provide a way to have moderators report messages
identified as spam, it is up the the email administrator what to do with
this kind of messages.

/Rick
--
http://rickvanderzwet.nl