[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-checkins] SF.net SVN: mailman: [8181] trunk/mailman/Mailman

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Tue Mar 27 03:32:09 CEST 2007

Hi Barry,

> I noticed that current trunk is failing three tests:
>
> test_no_multipart_mixed_charset
> test_scrub_image
> test_scrub_text
>
> Can you check to see if those are failing for you?

I've confirmed sucess (colinux/debian python2.4) but check them more, on
different environments.

> Also I was wondering about the latest change to passwords.py:

> Earlier, I was using s.encode('utf-8') to ensure that we had an 8-bit
> string for the hash function.  I'm wondering if you prefer str()
> over .encode('utf-8') here and if so, what the reason is?

I was just re-entering the last patch but there may remain older data in
my installation.  I'll check it in a fresh install and make correction.
If 'rest_group' is a hashed password, it should be in the ascii range
but we are going to allow plain password which I fogot.

Tokio Kikuchi, tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/