[Mailman-Developers] Web UI

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Jun 20 13:05:55 CEST 2008

--On 19 June 2008 13:21:31 -0400 Terri Oda <terri at zone12.com> wrote:

> I think we could benefit a fair bit from having a "simple" and an
> "expert" interface for the list administrators.  I had a number of
> replies both on and off list saying "yes!  please!" so I take it I'm not
> the only one who thinks this is a good idea.  My question to everyone
> is... what options would you deem essential in the "simple" interface?

List admin:
    #1.	Manage subscriber list
        I think this needs bulk un/subscribe. Strong warnings about legal
requirements should be present. Perhaps with localised links to guidance.
        Should also put individual moderation here. Perhaps some other
options.
    #2.	Manage digest/non digest options
        I'm not sure this is absolutely required in a simple interface.
    #3.	Emergency moderation
        Yes!
    #4.	Archives (Public/private settings), navigate to archives, (maybe
censor an archived message).

    Cristóbal added:
    #5 3 PRESETS:
        announce-only list vs.
        moderated discussion vs.
        open discussion
    #6 List Description
        web landing page description
        footer content

    I would add:
    #7 search for a list member.
    #8 Display/export entire membership list.
    #9 Add/remove a moderator
    #10 contact a system administrator to
        Request list removal,
        Request a new list, or
        Get help

Site admin:
moderation):
    #1 Display lists, with ownership and emergency moderation status.
        Perhaps sort/filter by owner or domain, style or moderation status,
traffic.
    #2 Add a list with a preset style/change style.
    #3 Disable or Delete a list, and/or list archive.
    #4 Change a list owner or moderator.
    list management:
    #5 disable list features  (eg, to prevent the owner from changing
footer content).
    #6 manage a list - with full feature set
    #7 become list owner - (so you can see the effect of disabling features)
--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex