[Mailman-Developers] Done.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 27 20:47:26 CET 2008

Jo Rhett wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Are you aware that not once in the "before next release:" thread is
>> there any mention that you have patches? Perhaps this has been
>> mentioned before, and I missed it, but I would be interested in seeing
>> them.
>
>I'm not on the mailing list any more.  But not only did I say this
>multiple times, but I said this directly in a reply to you:
>
>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2008-March/019809.html

What you said in that reply was "I disabled all the backscatter aliases
4 years ago, and haven't heard a single complaint."

You also acknowledged in a subsequent post that "obviously you also
have to patch the headers added to list e-mail to not reference these
names"

This is to me at least, not the same thing as saying you have actual
patches. Close perhaps, but not the same.

>The patches I did were brute-force patches for 2.1.4 or maybe even
>earlier.  Any competent programmer could do the same patches in about 15
>minutes.

Maybe so, and maybe even I could, but even a checklist such as the
following, presumably tested, list is of interest.