[Mailman-Developers] X-List-Post-Archive-URI: ?

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Mon Apr 6 15:52:12 CEST 2009

I'm wondering how easy it would be to inject (before delivery, but
having gone through/during processing by Mailman) an header based
something around X-List-Post-Archive-URI: -- the idea being a unique URI
enabled.

My initial thought is to use the message's Message-ID as the header to
use, prefixed with URI-to-list-archive:

e.g., for Message-ID: <20090406133924.GE18880 at amyl.org.uk> sent to the
list 'hummm' and lists.example.org, using pipermail (and a public
archive):

Admitedly, these aren't the shortest URIs, but there are services for
shrinking those.

The reason I'm thinking of this is because I can't always be bothered
hunting through the web-archive to send a link to a list-post: shoving
it in the headers would be quite useful, I'd imagine.

Any thoughts from others on
    (a) stupidity/value
    (b) ease of doing;
    (c) desire from other list-admins/list-users;
    (d) being bothered to code it
?

--
``Many people would sooner die than think. In fact, they do.''
  (Bertrand Russell)