[Mailman-Developers] a patch: init script cleanup for LSB compliance
dnovotny at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 12:54:27 CEST 2009
There's an effort in Fedora to improve all our init scripts
for better LSB compliance. Because I'm responsible for mailman
package here, I made following changes in the mailman init scripts:
* when mailman is unconfigured, `service mailman start' should exit with code
6, not 1.
* `try-restart' was't implemented. This is an addition to condrestart and
should have the same effect.
* stopping mailman when already stopped doesn't print scary error
message now, prints "mailman already stopped" instead
* when /var/lock/subsys/mailman exists but mailman isn't running, and `service
mailman status' was executed, the script just printed 'mailman is stopped' and
exited with code 3. In this case, it should say that it's dead but its subsys is
locked, and exit with code 2.
* when no known parameter is passed to the init script, it should exit with
code 2, not 3.
patch attached, references:
(Linux Standard Base init scripts specification)
(Red Hat bugzilla entry addressing mailman init scripts)
Daniel Novotny, Red Hat inc.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1462 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Mailman-Developers