[Mailman-Developers] adding to REST

Simon Hanna simon.hanna at serve-me.info
Mon Mar 14 15:31:56 EDT 2016

On 03/14/2016 07:25 PM, Dominic Dambrogia wrote:
> Hi, My name is Dominic.
> I contacted this mailing list last week about list moderation and post
> approval. My problem was not being able to set a list password via the REST
> api. I need this for nonmember approval of posting to a mailing list via
> email in the "Approved: *list password*" style in the first line of the
> email like the default request for moderation email suggests.
>
> I'd like to go ahead and tackle this problem personally. I would appreciate
> some insight on where to start looking in the project itself. I've only
> installed the bundler and used REST so far, so my knowledge of how the
> python code works so far is minimal.
>
> Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks.
> - Dominic

If you want to actually develop mailman, you shouldn't use bundler for that. Check out the following
two pages that help you with some git knowledge and setting up your dev environment.
http://wiki.list.org/DEV/HowToContributeGit
http://wiki.list.org/DEV/SetupDevEnvironment

You should create an issue on gitlab https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/issues if there isn't one
already. This issue can be used to discuss specifics about the implementation.

You could try the irc channel #mailman on freenode for help in case you need something. You can of
course also post to this list.

All the code regarding the rest interface lives in src/mailman/rest

I hope this get's you started,
Simon