[Mailman-Developers] Issue recording VCR tapes in Postorius.

Simon Hanna simon.hanna at serve-me.info
Mon Oct 24 18:33:41 EDT 2016

>So I need to record a new tape and modify the test. So my problem is I
>can't record any tapes. My "tox -e record" attempts fail with
>tracebacks
>like the attached.
>
>It appears the virtualenv in .tox/record is a Python 3.5 virtualenv and
>Python 3.5 doesn't have a urllib2 module.
>
>Why is tox creating this as a Python 3 virtualenv? All the others it
>creates for Postorius are Python 2.7. I've even tried "tox -e record
>--force-dep 'python <=2.7'" but that doesn't help.
>
>Does anyone know what I need?

You have to prefix the environment with py27. So you would be running `tox -e py27-record`
Since no base Python version is defined in to, it probably uses the Python version that was used to install tox itself.

You can have a look at the tox config. You could also specify the django version to be used by adding django110 to the command (the environment selectors are always separated using hyphens)