[Mailman-Developers] no module named django

Simon Hanna simon at hannaweb.eu
Sun Dec 17 08:33:12 EST 2017

On 12/17/2017 10:59 AM, 孙志勇 wrote:
> Hi, when I init uwsgi, I find a problem "importerror no module named django".
>

> I install postorius following installation in http://postorius.readthedocs.io/en/latest/setup.html, and visit http://192.168.1.96:8001 it workes well after run: $ sudo python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8001.
That is very bad. You shouldn't run that as root! www-data or http or
whatever your web user is, is the right user for that. I wonder why you
use 0.0.0.0:8001
8001 is the default port of Mailman core, you probably don't want to use
that. You need to have core on your system for postorius to actually do
anything...
> Do not know what is about development in the page: http://postorius.readthedocs.io/en/latest/development.html, so I pass it.
Do you want to setup for development? If yes, the guide should be more
than enough to tell you what needs to be done. If you follow the link to
https://wiki.list.org/DEV/HowToContributeGit you should be able to do that.
> Then go to deployment in http://postorius.readthedocs.io/en/latest/deployment.html.
This somewhat contradicts the above url..
> I creat file /home/lists/uwsgi.ini and put in it:
> ---
> [uwsgi]
> chdir = /home/lists/postorius/sample_project
> #virtualenv  = /srv/django/mailman/env
> #socket  = /run/uwsgi/mailman.sock
>
> wsgi-file = wsgi.py
> master = true
> process = 4
> threads = 2
> vacuum = true
> plugin = python2
>
> uid = http
> gid = http
>
> ---
>

> then run:
> $ uwsgi --ini /home/lists/uwsgi.ini
>

> it gives the error "importerror, no module named django".
>

> I think it is the problem of the below 2 line:
> #virtualenv  = /srv/django/mailman/env
since you managed to install postorius and get it running, you either
installed it systemwide which would work with it commented out, or you
actually created a virtualenv in which case you should know where the
location of that is. (virtualenv is preferred, you only use the system
packages, if they are installes using your package manager and the
application is too. Otherwise you will run into incompatibilties sooner
or later.
> #socket  = /run/uwsgi/mailman.sock
This is the socket that is created for the webserver to connect to. I'm
actually not sure what happens if you don't include that... I doubt
uwsgi would actually start.

> but docs do not mention how to set about this 2 line, so I just comment out the 2 line.
>

> I also tried with mailman-suite, also have the same problem.
>

> can you help with me?
> will you think to write a installing instruction with command to follow for people totally don't know django in future?
It's not entirely clear what you actually want to do, so it's hard to
help... If you want it for production I suggest you use the docker
images provided by maxking or wait a couple of weeks until the packages
get into debian backports, where you can just run one command and then
get a running system.
For dev, the mentioned link should be more than enough to get you up and
running. If you have issues from following a guide, please mention that
so they can be improved...