[Mailman-i18n] State of translations?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:59:17 -0400

I'm trying to figure out where the various translation efforts are at,
which are ready to be integrated with Mailman's cvs, and which need
more help to get to a usable level.  I'd also like to keep track of
"champions" for each language translation, so I know who is
coordinating each effort.  My goal is to get as many translations
committed to the cvs tree as possible.

At the moment, I think we've got very good Spanish support in the cvs
tree, mostly due to Juan Carlos's patches and updates.  These will be
part of the MM2.1a2 release sometime today (hopefully).  We've got
some templates for French, Hungarian, and Big5, but I suspect that
those three are fairly out of date.

So let me ask the following:

If you are heading up a translation effort, please send me your name,
email address, and the language you are working on.  Also, please tell
me the status of the translation, and when you think it will be ready
for integration in the cvs tree.  If you maintain your own web pages
for the translation effort, please give me the url.  Also, if you have
a list of folks that are help you out, please let me know that too.

I plan to add a page to the web site that outlines this information,
so that others willing to help know who to contact, and what the state
of progress is.

Thanks.  I'm really psyched for MM2.1 final, whenever that's released,
to have support for as many languages as possible, out of the box!
You're help is greatly appreciated.

-Barry