[Mailman-i18n] Mailman Language Champions

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Thu Apr 20 10:04:48 CEST 2006

Hello everybody :)

The Mailman wiki is looking great, and we have our own
Internationalization [1] page!

Please have a look, and while you're there, register with the wiki
and contribute your own ideas and experience. ;)

We also have our own HowTo [2], and the Internationalization page
from the website has been ported [3] to the wiki.

This includes the table of supported languages and Mailman Language
Champions. We've made a separate column for additional information,
so if you have a website or mailing-list link you'd like included,
please add it [4].

Please check the Language Champions table, and make sure the
information is up-to-date. If not, please edit it.

(If for some reason editing the wiki is awkward for you, you can send
the information to me, and I will edit the page accordingly. But the
wiki is very easy to use.)

This is a good opportunity to make sure all our information is up-to-
date.

I'd also like to suggest that on the Supported Languages table, we
really only need one contact person per language. That language is
welcome to include a link to its own page, which would list everyone
contributing to that translation, but I don't think we really need
more than one name per language on the table.

Our Mailman developers will probably keep at least one backup contact
per language, but for the public table, I think we only need one name
per language, which would make the table much easier to scan for
information. Currently, some sections are very crowded, and its not
as easy to run your eye through the information and quickly find what
you want, as it would be with one name per section.

What do others think about this? Would it be OK to go ahead and
display one contact name for each language?

If so, please edit the table yourself, for your language, or send
that information to me. The information sent could be as simple as
"Use Pablo for Spanish", if Pablo's details are already in the table,
or it could be the language name, contact name and contact email
address for someone not yet there.

I look forward to seeing your contributions in the wiki. :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

[1] http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Internationalization

[2] http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/i18nhowto

[3] http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Languages

[4] Syntax: [name|link] for http, and [name|mailto:email address] for
email addresses