[Mailman-Users] Reject non-member postings.

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.org
Thu Jan 18 04:55:29 CET 2001

At 02:05 PM 01/17/2001 -0800, Dan Mick wrote:

 >Evilio del Rio wrote:
 >>
 >> Hello,
 >>
 >> Is there any way to configure a list to ALWAYS reject ANY non-member
 >> posting to a restricted list. I do not want them to be held for approval,
 >> just reject, full stop.
 >
 >Adding header patterns to SpamDetect.py is one way, although not trivial.
 >Adding "check for list membership" wouldn't be that hard, but it would
 >take some actual Python coding.  I could see if I could hack something
 >like that up if there were sufficient interest.
 >
 >Proposal: a modification to SpamDetect.py to auto-reject, with no
 >reply message, mail from non-subscribers (on lists with "subscriber posting
 >only" set).  Anyone besides Evilio dying for this?

I've got one particular list that's being spammed to death
and I have to get on the web to discard all the postings. I've
only once had a legitimate posting from a non-subscriber
(she'd changed email addresses without fixing her subscription)
so I don't mind tossing it all.  This would help, yes.
I wouldn't say I'm /dying/ for it...