[Mailman-Users] Python upgrade 'disables passwords'

Jeff Klassen jklassen at biblesociety.ca
Fri Mar 15 22:03:33 CET 2002

Hi,

I am having some trouble today after upgrading my Python from 1.5.2 to 2.0.1

I am running Mailman 2.0. Today I compiled and installed Python 2.0.1 in
order to support some other software on this server. All of the Mailman
functions appear to work fine after the update, except for the site admin
and list admin passwords. Accessing any of the lists admin pages, and
inputting the expected password, returns an "Authentication Failed" message.

I was able to fix the site admin password with mmsitepass. Now I can get
into the admin pages as a site admin. But, even if I go into a list admin
page and enter a new password in the area for Changing the Administrator
password, I still cannot use that password to get into the admin pages.

Does anyone know what is going on here, or why the Python update would have
caused this password trouble? Is there an admin script that I can use to
also fix the list admin passwords, like mmsitepass did for the site admin?

Thanks for anyone's help.

Jeff Klassen - jklassen at biblesociety.ca
Canadian Bible Society, Translation-CAP Office