[Mailman-Users] two lists, same name, different domains

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 5 16:47:42 CET 2002

~mailman/bin/newlist mylist-com
  fill-out the fields and copy the aliases to your /etc/aliases file
  Then in your virtusertab:
      mylist at example.com           mylist-com
      mylist-request at example.com   mylist-com-request
      mylist-admin at example.com     mylist-com-admin
  In the mailman config for the list, setup:
      hostname this list prefers:  example.com
      Base URL for Mailman...   :  http://www.example.com/mailman

~mailman/bin/newlist mylist-org
  fill-out the fields and copy the aliases to your /etc/aliases file
  Then in your virtusertab:
      mylist at example.org           mylist-org
      mylist-request at example.org   mylist-org-request
      mylist-admin at example.org     mylist-org-admin
  In the mailman config for the list, setup:
      hostname this list prefers:  example.org
      Base URL for Mailman...   :  http://www.example.org/mailman

This assumes that you are running both domains as Virtual.
If you are running Sendmail, you may wish to use the Generics Table to
reverse alias any email originating from the server:
   mylist-com at realdomain.com          mylist at example.com
   mylist-com-request at realdomain.com  mylist-request at example.com
   mylist-com-admin at realdomain.com    mylist-admin at example.com
   mylist-org at realdomain.com          mylist at example.org
   mylist-org-request at realdomain.com  mylist-request at example.org
   mylist-org-admin at realdomain.com    mylist-admin at example.org

Viola!  Your two lists on your two virtual domains running from your
real domain.
Hope this helps -- Jon Carnes