[Mailman-Users] Virtual domain web address

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 10:02:28 CEST 2003

At 06:39 17/04/2003, mailings at good-it.com wrote:
>Where can you find such scripts?
>I can't find them on my server and also not in the documentation (besides the
>withlist utility)?

As far as I know, the only documentation is what you get from running
$prefix/bin/withlist with the --help option.

The standard MM 2.1.1 source distribution does include a withlist script in
a file called fix_url.py which is installed in $prefix/bin if you install
MM from the source. Run fix_url.py from the command line and it will print
its usage instructions (or just look at the script's text)

You write such scripts yourself to meet your local needs, They are usually
quite short; just a few lines. You do need to learn a little Python but if
you've done any programming that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

For instance I "wrote" a 3 line script to stop password reminders going out
for several hundred lists one our MM server,

If the contents of the short withlist script file $prefix/bin/fix_remind.py
is as follows:

def fix_remind(mlist):
     mlist.send_reminders = 0
     mlist.Save()

then executing the following command line from inside your $prefix directory:

ls -1 lists | xargs -n 1 bin/withlist -l -r fix_remind

will turn off "send password reminders" for all of your lists.