[Mailman-Users] Problems to startup Mailman after installation

Rupak Mohan rupak_mailman at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 10:53:42 CEST 2003

Dear All,

I have installed Mailman 2.1.2 successfully.

The problem is :

I created a newlist,it says

# /bin newlist mylist
Enter the email of the person running the list:mylist at rupak.com
Initial mylist password:
adding the fllowing lines, and possibly running the newaliases program
Hit enter to notify mylist owner..
and comes out..

(1) Now the problem is there is no /aliases directory under /etc.
and there is no aliases folder at all on my system , but i could find aliases.h
in /usr/include/aliases.h.(but i am sure this is not the right place for aliases)..

so where & how should i store the above aliases.??

(2) My default MTA is SendMail (on RedHat linux 7.2).
so what should options should i configure on SendMail to keep my lists working

(3) when i try to access www.rupak.com/mailman/create
my browser returns "Unknown Host"

solution for this as well..

Plz suggest me , how to proceed further.

Thanx in advance..

Cheers
Rupak