[Mailman-Users] export/import of lists

Barbara B. Johansen barbara at hum.aau.dk
Tue Jun 1 14:07:40 CEST 2004

When I moved my lists from 2.0.5 to 2.1.4 I used that script:

mylist=mellemrummet
mv old_inst/lists/$mylist new_inst/lists
mv old_inst/archives/private/$mylist new_inst/archives/private
mv old_inst/archives/private/$mylist.mbox new_inst/archives/private
rm old_installation/archives/public/$mylist
rm old_installation/archives/public/$mylist.mbox
cd new_inst
bin/withlist -l -r fix_url $mylist

Afterwards I had to remove all config.db and config.db.last files. It
seems that the excistens of these files determine wether the old eller
the new mailmaninstallation takes care of the incoming mail.

That was it. There was no need for special scripts for moving users og
passwords. I think all information about a list is stored i the config*
files.

Greetings
Barbara

--