[Mailman-Users] Virtual domains

Hans-Juergen Beie hjb at pollux.franken.de
Tue Aug 16 21:59:34 CEST 2005

Forrest Aldrich wrote on 16.08.2005 20:57:

> The Mailman instance I have installed runs under one primary domain -
> however, I want to set up a list that uses a different TLD (routed
> properly at our MX servers).
>
> What's the proper way to get this working under Mailman, where it
> respects the virtual TLD, not posting the default TLD onto it?

In mm_cfg.py you should have something like this...

-----> cut here >-----------------------
#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Default domain for email addresses of newly created MLs
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mail.primary-domain.tld'
#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Default host for web interface of newly created MLs
DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'lists.primary-domain.tld'
# Required when setting any of its arguments.

add_virtualhost('lists.virtual1.tld', 'mail.virtual1.tld')
add_virtualhost('lists.virtual2.tld', 'mail.virtual2.tld')
add_virtualhost('lists.virtual3.tld', 'mail.virtual3.tld')

lists.*.tld and mail.*.tld may be the same host. That depends on your setup.

hjb :-?