[Mailman-Users] Cron error

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jan 30 23:27:04 CET 2005

Erin Dalzell wrote:

>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 87, in main
>     mlist.Save()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 525, in Save
>     self.__save(dict)
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 497, in __save
>     os.unlink(fname_last)
>OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument:
>'/usr/local/mailman/lists/mailman/config.pck.last'
>
>Here are the permissions of that directory:
>
>thedalzells:/usr/local/mailman/lists/mailman erin$ ls -al
>total 40
>drwxrwsr-x  7 mailman  mailman   238 30 Jan 12:00 .
>drwxrwsr-x  3 mailman  mailman   102 24 Jan 22:23 ..
>-rw-rw----  1 root     mailman  3600 29 Jan 12:00 config.pck
>-rw-rw----  1 root     mailman  3600 29 Jan 09:00 config.pck.last
>-rw-rw----  1 root     mailman  3600 30 Jan 09:00
>config.pck.tmp.thedalzells.org.3250
>-rw-rw----  1 root     mailman  3600 30 Jan 12:00
>config.pck.tmp.thedalzells.org.3447
>-rw-rw-r--  1 www      mailman    24 28 Jan 08:04 request.pck
>thedalzells:/usr/local/mailman/lists/mailman erin$

This seems to be a recurrent problem with Mac OS X

See your own post at
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-August/038693.html

Also see the post at
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-January/041634.html
and response at
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-January/041646.html

For additional info see
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-July/038380.html

You can also search google with

"errno 22" "config.pck.last" site:mail.python.org

and find all the above plus more. Note that although in all these posts
the error may arise differently, the actual error in every case is
always

   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 497, in __save
     os.unlink(fname_last)
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument:
'/some/path/to/config.pck.last'

and the platform is always Mac OS X. I don't know the answer, but as
mentioned in more than one of the posts in the archive, see
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.021.htp

Beyond what's in that FAQ, this list probably can't help you much with
Apple's Mac OS X Server installation. You might have more success
persuing Apple support resources.