[Mailman-Users] mailertable ignored by sendmail

Travis Derouin tderouin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 23:17:53 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm attempting to install Mailman on a Redhat linux box and integrate it
with Sendmail.

When I set Mailman to be the local service (just by switching Mlocal and
Mmailman in sendmail.cf <http://sendmail.cf>), it works fine and dandy, but
I can't seem to get sendmail to process any rules in mailertable even when I
try simple examples posted on the net. mailertable.db is being generated
each time mailertable is edited and sendmail is restarted. I've been through
mm-handler.readme a few times (it needs some editing, btw) and nothing seems
to account for this.

My mailertable looks like:

lists.mydomain.com <http://lists.mydomain.com>
mailman:lists.mydomain.com<http://lists.mydomain.com>

All mail that I send to list at lists.mydomain.com simply goes right on through
to my usual mail server and bounces back, even when I'm talking to my
localhost sendmail.

A side note: The provided mailman.mc <http://mailman.mc> file generates a
.cf file that's unusable by sendmail, it seems that when sendmail is
restarted there are a bunch of syntax errors:

line 7: fileclass: cannot open 'ATURE(local_procmail)': No such file or
directory
554 5.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 8: MAILER(local): A= argument required

... etc etc etc

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Travis