[Mailman-Users] Pipermail problems

Daniel Spreadbury dspreadbury at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 17:03:01 CET 2006

Hi fellow listers,

I'm having some problems with pipermail. I've recently moved my
mailman installation (together with all my web virtual hosts, etc.) to
another server, which I did by making a .tgz file of the
/usr/local/mailman/lists folder and its subdirectories, built mailman
on the new server (which is more or less exactly the same
configuration as the old one, then unzipped the .tgz file to replace
the default 'lists' folder with my old one.

Most things seem to work, but my /pipermail aliases don't work at all.

In my Apache virtual host definition, I have this line:

Alias /pipermail "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public/"

That folder exists, and contains links, like this:

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  mailman   55 Feb 14 15:53 composers-list ->
/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/composers-list
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  mailman   48 Feb 12 14:39 members-list ->
/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/members-list

Is that correct? The actual /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/
folder contains folders called e.g.

composers-list.mbox
members-list.mbox

so on the face of it the links are actually wrong anyway.

I've run /bin/check_perms -f and no problems have been reported.

Can anybody help me sort this out? Do I need to run one of the mailman
administrative tools to fix this? If so, which one?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!

Daniel