[Mailman-Users] merge archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jan 4 05:56:24 CET 2006

Manuel Kissoyan wrote:

>We saved one of the accounts archives and then deleted and re-created the
>mailing list, were running for a week, now we need merge the saved archives
>with the existing one after the list re-creation. If were another month is
>easy but how you merge same month archives?

If you saved the old archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox file,
just concatenate the old and new files to make a
archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox that contains all the
messages, and then rebuild the archives with

bin/arch --wipe listname

If you didn't save the old archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox
file, you can make an approximate reconstruction by editing the old
archives/private/listname/yyyy-mmmmm.txt file to unobscure the email
addresses.