[Mailman-Users] invoke new pages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 4 03:16:32 CEST 2006

Peter Soccar wrote:

>I'm using rpm to install mailman 2.7.1-1.2 on fedora5
>
>and I need to create a new page like admin or admindb to handle an additional role
>
>unfortunately in the setup I have i couldn't find cgi-wrapper.c to recompile it in order to invoke the new page
>
>is there a way to make mailman recognize my new page (and put its executable in the CGI-BIN folder) or will I have to install another version of mail man not using rpm.

First of all, if you are going to be modifying Mailman at this level, I
suggest you first download the current 2.1.9 tarball and unpack
configure and install it as an upgrade to your RPM installation. One
issue with this is I think the Fedora 5 RPM includes Red Hat's
modifications to support FHS. You can find a patch for this at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2004-October/017343.html>.

If you don't want to do this, you can find what you need in the
Subversion repository at
<http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mailman/tags/Release_2_1_7/mailman/src/>.
You will need cgi-wrapper.c, common.c and common.h. You will also need
to examine Makefile.in and figure out what configure would do to turn
it into Makefile in order to see how to build the binary.

Alternatively, if you have tools for patching executable binaries, you
could take for example the existing admindb wrapper and patch the two
occurrances of 'admindb' to some other six character name which is the
name of your new script and wrapper.