[Mailman-Users] Different IPs for each list?

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Mon Dec 15 01:04:10 CET 2008

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> J.A. Terranson wrote:
> >
> >First, let me say that I'm not certain this is going to transslate the way
> >I intend...
> >
> >That said: I have a machine with a half dozen lists on it, running on 1
> >IP.  Id like to keep the same "info" page that lists all the various
> >lists, but have each one (at smtp level, I dont care where the archives
> >and user pages are) communicating on a different IP for traffic
> >engineering purposes (rather than using separate instantiations on
> >separate IPS).
> >
> >Is this possible?
>

> What I'm getting is you want each list to have it's own domain and
> associated IP address - e.g., list1 at l1.example.com,
> list2 at l2.example.com, etc.

No.

Let me try again.

Right now I have every list at lists.blah.org

I want to keep that.  But when traffic goes to or from a particular list,
i want it routed over s separate IP address so that I can shove them down
separate PVCs.

I want to keep the one address web interface for all lists and archives.

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson

"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to
the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news, always
be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether by
predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty."

Joseph Pulitzer
1907 Speech