[Mailman-Users] Mailman postings deferred by Yahoo

Dennis Black dblack at ualberta.ca
Wed Feb 20 15:38:07 CET 2008

Rick Harris wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.  I understand that ultimately it is a Yahoo problem
> and ultimately something that will never be cured.  I was hoping since I
> only run one small list that there was a "magic" switch that I could flip
> that would get past Yahoo.
>
> Rick Harris

Rick, the last time Yahoo did this was in December, and I spent a week
trying to contact someone there with a pulse,
tried getting added to their whitelist, filled in forms, read their
automated responses, etc.
After about two weeks, the deferrals went away. Until now.
Even with my postfix configured for a "slow" Yahoo, as in the following,
I still have 2600 Yahoo deferrals in my retry queue.

postfix/master.cf
yahoo     unix  -       -       n       -       1       smtp

postfix/main.cf
yahoo_destination_recipient_limit = 5            # matches Yahoo's limit
yahoo_destination_concurreny_limit = 2

postfix/transport
yahoo.ca        yahoo:
yahoo.com       yahoo: