[Mailman-Users] Googlemail vs Gmail Bounce

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Tue Nov 10 20:13:14 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 08:29:44AM -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> The member can subscribe both addresses and set one to no mail, or you
> can hold non-member posts and when approving a post from a googlemail
> address of a gmail member (or vice versa) check the box to add the
> poster to the non-member Accepts filter.

Another, rather messy way *could* be to use find_members for
gmail/googlemail, pipe to a file, use sed to build the
counterparts, tr to replace \n with ', ', and then withlist to add 'em
to (accept|hold)_these_nonmembers... bonus points for using diff to
only do anything if there are changes to the find_members output.

I can't remember which of my list(s) had a few posters with this
'problem', but such a script shouldn't take too long to write (I don't
always commit 'trivial' scripts to my repo. mybad.)

--
"I am invariably puzzled by the attitude of Oxbridge to its
 ecclesiastical past. Hearing grace recited before dinner by