[Mailman-Users] mailman on windows?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Aug 25 22:17:16 CEST 2011

dhruv kumar wrote:

>I need to install mailman in my windows machine. can I do that?

It's possible but not easy. There is a FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/oYA9> that discusses one way to do it.

In addition to Mailman, you also need a web server (Apache, IIS, etc.)
and an MTA (e.g. Exim). Also, if you are going to send mail directly
from your Windows machine, You need a fixed IP and full circle DNS
(See <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward-confirmed_reverse_DNS>) as
a minimum in order to keep many ISPs from blocking your mail.

Also you need to be concerned about security. I run a Windows box with
Cygwin and Exim full time, and I can run Mailman and Apache as needed
for testing, but I would never consider exposing a web server on a
Windows box to the internet for more that brief periods.