[Mailman-Users] The requested URL /pipermail/aa/ was not found on this server

Li, Jilong (MU-Student) jl482 at mail.mizzou.edu
Fri Jun 10 19:04:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

I installed mailman on my server, but some problems appeared. Could you please help me solve these problems?

mailman version: 2.1.13
operating system: Red hat 4.1.2-50
python version: 2.4.3
gcc version: 4.1.2

problem 1: The requested URL /pipermail/aa/ was not found on this server.

When I click the "aa Archives<http://sysbio.rnet.missouri.edu/pipermail/aa/>", a message "The requested URL /pipermail/aa/ was not found on this server" appears. (aa is a list I created)

I added a few lines in the file "etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf":

Alias /pipermail/ “/var/www/cgi-bin/multicom_toolbox/mailman/archives/public/”
<Directory “/var/www/cgi-bin/multicom_toolbox/mailman/archives/public”>
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

I also set the directory "$prefix/archives/private":

cd $prefix/archives

chown apache private

chmod o-x private

problem 2: when I create a list, no email is sent to my mailbox, and no false message appears.

problem 3: my url is "http://$a.$b.edu/mailman" and my email address is "$name at mail.$b.edu".

I set DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = '$b.edu' and DEFAULT_URL_HOST = '$a.$b.edu'

and POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['$b.edu', '$b.edu'].

Are these right?

Thank you very much!

Victor