[Mailman-Users] Subscribing or accepting badly formatted email address

John Elliot jj5 at progclub.org
Tue Feb 28 09:14:40 CET 2012

I have a log distribution mailing list that receives email from various
processes. One of the processes identifies itself as root at charity. I'm
having a problem with SpamAssassin deciding that some of the mail from
root at charity is spam, but I want mailman to accept mail from
root at charity. I tried subscribing root at charity to the list so that it
would get its 'member bonus' in the spam filtering system which would
pretty much guarantee that it wouldn't get classed as spam but mailman
won't let me subscribe the email address root at charity because it says
it's a badly formed email address. Similarly I tried adding root at charity
to accept_the_nonmembers in the sender filters section but again my
settings wouldn't be accepted because mailman complained of a badly
formed email address. I'm not sure that I can reconfigure the email
address that the email gets sent from (and I know for sure I don't want
to have to) so I'm wondering if someone could give me a tip about how I
might get mailman to accept email from this badly formed sender address?