[Mailman-Users] OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/list/attachments: No such file or directory

David dave at fiteyes.com
Wed May 9 05:22:19 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> What about newly archived messages. Presumably, those are not owned by
> www-data. can you access them?

They are owned by www-data and I can access them. The reason they are owned
by www-data is because of the directory permissions the "bin/check_perms
-f" command created:

drwxrwsr-x 2 www-data list  4096 May  8 22:42 .

The group "s" permission, which the check_perms script set, does the
following:

If the SGID (Set Group Identification) attribute is set on a directory,