[Pydotorg-redesign] Graphic redesign

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Jul 18 08:58:04 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003, Walter Dörwald wrote:
> Aahz wrote:
>>On Thu, Jul 17, 2003, Walter Dörwald wrote:
>>>
>>>The source for this demo is available at
>>>http://styx.livinglogic.de/~walter/www.python.org/site.tar.gz
>>
>>That doesn't look too bad, either.  All we'd need to fit in with the
>>current system is a way of organizing by directory.
>
> All pages have to be put into a hierarchical sitemap, but this doesn't
> have to do anything with directory structure.

You're technically correct, but because we've currently got the site in
CVS, moving things around is a strongly non-preferred option.  And given
that we've already got the site structure in directories, it seems to me
that whatever navigation tool we're using ought to be automated to use
that structure.

> BTW, is the source for www.python.org available somewhere?

What do you mean by "source"?  The .ht template files should be
available off www.python.org.

A: No.
Q: Is top-posting okay?