[PyLadies-BLR] [JOB] Senior Python Developer to work at FlyByUnicorn

Devi asldevi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 12:39:17 CET 2014

Hi everybody,

FlyByUnicorn is the first global platform for finding, vetting and
connecting accomplished female tech talent with companies that recognize
how diversity and flexible work fuel innovation. We focus on building
distributed and hybrid teams that produce superb results. We're a startup
with a social mission and this post describes a bit how we work and what we
offer to women:
http://bit.ly/1jXLGBB<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbit%2Ely%2F1jXLGBB&urlhash=kidA&_t=tracking_anet>

We’re looking for skilled and diligent senior Python developers to join
FlyByUnicorn and work collaboratively on our website with our lead Python
developer. We’ve just starting to build the first version. We have a very
clear direction and feature set in mind, but there is always room for new
ideas and discussion. As we work in a distributed environment, you’ll be
part of a truly global team.

Typically this is what your task list would look like:

   -

   Write clean, well-performing, test driven and fully commented code as
   you build a scalable website for FlyByUnicorn in Python
   -

   Help create a rich and dynamic website that performs a dual function; it
   will act as our online avatar as well as be our virtual workplace.
   -

   Work in tandem with our lead developer and front-end designer

Requirements:

   -

   3+ years of Python experience
   -

   Extensive experience with Javascript
   -

   Experience with both SQL and NoSQL data stores, database design and
   tuning
   -

   Experience working on at least one high-traffic web site and / or a
   github account that speaks for itself
   -

   Skills in all tiers of the web application stack
   -

   Use of distributed version control tools such as Git

   -

   Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code

   -

   Excited by fast iterative development with multiple deployments per day
   -

   Experience designing, developing, and consuming RESTful APIs

   -

   Strong knowledge of object oriented programming and design patterns
   -

   Ability to work well independently and within a team, strong discipline
   and self-management
   -

   Excellent communication skills  — with a global team it’s essential that
   each team member isn’t shy about communicating. You must be comfortable
   emailing and interacting digitally. We don’t require perfect
grammar  —what matters is that we transcend the physical distance
between us to
   understand each other’s ideas

Please get in touch with me if interested or pass on to your friends,
colleagues who might be interested.

Thanks,
~Devi