[pypy-dev] update (+patch) on embedding pypy

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Wed Apr 4 17:55:45 CEST 2012

>>> I am about to add:
>>>
>>> Py_SetPythonHome
>>> Py_SetProgramName
>>> Py_Finalize
>>>
>>> i will put them into
>>>
>>> module/cpyext/src/pythonrun.c
>>>
>>> Do you think Py_Initialize should go there too ?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Roberto De Ioris
>>> http://unbit.it
>>
>> Sounds like a good idea. Should I merge the pull request now or wait
>> for the others?
>>

> I think it is better to wait. Moving that to cpyext will avoid messing
> with translators (adding more exported symbols) too.

Ok, i am pretty satisfied with the current code (i have made a pull request).

I have implemented:

Py_Initialize
Py_Finalize
Py_SetPythonHome
Py_SetProgramName

all as rpython-cpyext except for Py_Initialize being splitted in a c part
(it requires a call to RPython_StartupCode)

Successfully tested with current uWSGI tip. Py_SetPythonHome add flawless
support for virtualenv.

--
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it