[py-dev] Svn auth update

Guido Wesdorp johnny at johnnydebris.net
Wed Feb 13 21:54:22 CET 2008

Hi!

I've implemented the SvnAuth class now, as Holger suggested, and made
that the svnwc constructor, and the methods that connect to the server,
all accept it as an argument (and use it, of course ;).

You can see the progress on the 'guido-svn-auth' branch (SvnAuth code in
py/path/svn/auth.py, and an updated version of the document I attached
before in py/path/svn/auth.txt).

After playing with the api a bit, I think agree with Holger that passing
auth to children from methods that return path objects is not necessary,
and may even be confusing, so perhaps we should indeed skip that for now.

What I do want to add somehow is allow to set the --non-interactive
switch somehow, although I'm not sure how (it doesn't seem proper to
have it be part of the authentication information, but having yet
another argument to all those methods is also not nice).

I guess I'll continue with adding support for the auth argument to
py.path.svnurl on friday, if no-one objects...

Cheers,

Guido