[Python-3000] Draft pre-PEP: function annotations

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Aug 14 05:22:10 CEST 2006

Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> Since many people seem to be unfamiliar with overloaded functions, I would
> just like to take this opportunity to remind you that the actual overload
> mechanism is irrelevant.

I don't think it's the concept of overloadable functions
that people are having trouble with here, but that you
haven't clearly explained *how* they would be applied
to solving this particular problem.

You seem to think the answer to that is so obvious
that it doesn't need mentioning, but we're not all
up to the same mental speed as you on this.

Perhaps you could provide a complete worked-out
example for people to look at?

--
Greg