[Python-3000] long/int unification

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Aug 25 07:50:58 CEST 2006

martin at v.loewis.de wrote:

> I'm not sure whether this performance change is
> acceptable; at this point, I'm running out of ideas
> how to further improve the performance.

without really digging into the patch, is it perhaps time to switch to
unboxed integers for the CPython interpreter ?

(support for implementation subtypes could also be nice; I agree that
it would be nice if we had only one visible integer type, but I don't
really see why the implementation has to restricted to one type only.
this applies to strings too, of course).

</F>