[Python-3000] Implementations: A syntax for extending method dispatching beyond type/class inheritance

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Wed Dec 6 23:41:59 CET 2006

On Dec 6, 2006, at 2:09 PM, Bill Janssen wrote:
...an argument that I appreciate, even though it mixes use cases for
implementation and documentation in a way that I personally don't
care for.  That's fine.

You conclude:
> Another
> problem is that the basic Python types are somewhat poorly understood,
> which is the point of the exercise at
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/AbstractBaseClasses.

FWIW, Zope has a set of these things for sequences and mappings that
have stood up reasonably well (done as interfaces, but same idea).
See http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/interface/common/ .
Maybe that can help your effort.

Gary