[Python-3000] Abilities / Interfaces

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Nov 22 19:46:42 CET 2006

On 11/22/06, Andrew Koenig <ark-mlist at att.net> wrote:
> > I think this deviates from Haskell, which seems to be big on
> > structural type equivalence (?).

I may be mistaken, but I thought that in Haskell, if there's a
typeclass composed of methods X and Y (with appropriate signatures),
every object that implements X and Y (with those signatures) is
*automatically* assumed to be a member of that typeclass? Since I've
never used Haskell and all my knowledge of it is from reading about it
in Phillip's posts (I've never even followed any of the links he gave)
I may well be mistaken. Anyway, I don't care so much about Haskell or
whether we copy it; I care about the specific rules/ideas I posted.