[Python-3000] The future of exceptions

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Sep 12 05:20:50 CEST 2006

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:

> It's lazily instantiated today (see PyErr_NormalizeException).

Only in C code, though, not Python. And if the
separate type/value specification when raising
goes away, it might not be possible any more
even in C.

> 'WithExit' constructs a unique exception object and catches precisely
> this object.

That would fill the bill, yes.

So it's really just a matter of making sure
we keep the ability to be as lazy as possible
with exception processing.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |