[Python-3000] Kill GIL?

Andre Meyer meyer at acm.org
Mon Sep 18 21:18:29 CEST 2006

I would love to contribute code for this problem. Unfortunately, I am not
able to do so, but see the problem for myself and others. Therefore, I
wanted to raise the question in time for Py3k. The number of responses
indicates that it is not just me who struggles and there are people who know
how to improve the situation. So far, this seems like a fruitful discussion.

Thanks
Andre

--
Dr. Andre P. Meyer                        http://python.openspace.nl/meyer
TNO Defence, Security and Safety          http://www.tno.nl/

Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't
previously aware of. - Douglas Adams