[Python-3000] call for PEPs

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Thu Apr 26 16:39:47 CEST 2007

I'm one of the PEP editors at the end of peps-at-python-dot-org; Barry
Warsaw is the other. Since before PyCon, I haven't had time for PEP
number assignments, editing, and checkins. I don't follow python-dev
or python-3000 closely, so I only recently learned of the April 30
deadline for PEPs. I'd like to get all the outstanding PEPs checked
in, but I need help. There are a bunch of draft PEPs in my inbox, but
I can't trust it because some have already been checked in, and others
have since been updated or become obsolete.

Please re-send the latest drafts (as attachments!) of any outstanding
PEPs to peps-at-python-dot-org. Include the dates of any postings of
the PEP to python-dev, python-3000, or python-list (in the
Post-History header). Be sure to read and follow PEP 1 (PEP Purpose
and Guidelines; http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0001/) for details
on what to include.

Posting a draft PEP to a python-* mailing list IS NOT SUFFICIENT. It
must be sent to peps-at-python-dot-org.

Committers (those with commit access to Python's SVN) are welcome to
add PEPs themselves. Just take the next available number from PEP 0
(which must be updated).

BTW, with PSF and PyCon duties (I'm chairing PyCon 2008), I don't see
my availability for PEP editing increasing any time soon. A new PEP
Editor would be welcome!

--
David Goodger <http://python.net/~goodger>