[Python-3000] Traits/roles instead of ABCs

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Apr 30 23:42:52 CEST 2007

At 02:15 PM 4/30/2007 -0700, Bill Janssen wrote:
>Actually, it hasn't been around in workable form for years.

Correction: Zope's Interface package has been around since 2002; PEAK's
originated in 2003.  I'd say those count as both "workable form" and "for
years".  :)

>I'm not sure of the actual chronology, but it wasn't really workable till 2.3,

You probably mean 2.2, but I'm fairly certain that the earliest Interface
packages implemented by Jim Fulton actually predated Python 2.2, using a
different metaclass hook mechanism.