[Python-3000] Please don't kill the % operator...

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Fri Aug 17 01:09:32 CEST 2007

> But just saying you like %s over {0} is
> like saying you don't like the decorator syntax: that's nice and all,
> but that is not a compelling reason to change the decision being made.

My guess is that the folks who object to it are, like me, folks who
primarily work in Python and C, and don't want to try to keep two
really different sets of formatting codes in their heads.  Folks who
work primarily in Python and .NET (or whereever these new-fangled
codes come from) probably feel the opposite.  But it's a mistake to
say that it's just "taste"; for this one there's a real cognitive
load that affects ease of programming.

Bill