[Python-3000] Removing email package until it's fixed

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun Aug 26 16:52:02 CEST 2007

On 8/26/07, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> Another possibility (which I personally favor) is to leave the email
> package in a1 as flawed as it is, but to disable the tests.  It's an /
> alpha/ for gosh sakes, so maybe leaving it in and partly broken will
> help rustle up some volunteers to help get it fixed.
>
> If you're agreeable to this, you can just merge the sandbox[1] into
> the head of the branch.  I'm traveling until Monday and won't get a
> chance to do that until I'm back on the net.  The sandbox is up-to-
> date with all my latest changes.

No, thanks. The broken package doesn't do people much good. People
whose code depends on the email package can't use it anyway until it's
fixed; they either have to wait, or they have to help fix it.
Instructions for accessing the broken package will of course be
included in the README, and as soon as the email package is fixed
we'll include it again (hopefully in 3.0a2).

BTW I'm surprised nobody else is helping out fixing it. I sent several
requests to the email-sig and AFAIK nobody piped up.