[Python-3000] buildbots

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 22:56:52 CEST 2007

David Bolen <db3l.net at gmail.com> writes:

> "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:
>
>>> These messageboxes of course hang the tests on the windows build servers,
>>> so probably it would be good if they could be disabled completely.
>>
>> I think this will be very difficult to achieve.
>
> Could the tests be run beneath a shim process that used SetErrorMode()
> to disable all the OS-based process failure dialog boxes?  If I
> remember correctly the error mode is inherited, so an independent
> small exec module could reset the mode, and execute the normal test
> sequence as a child process.

Or if using ctypes is ok, perhaps it could be done right in the test
runner.

While I haven't done any local mods to preventthe C RTL boxes,
selecting Ignore on them gets me to the OS level box, and:

Python 3.0x (py3k, Aug 27 2007, 22:44:06) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> import test_os
[50256 refs]
>>> test_os.test_main()

dies with popup in test_execvpe_with_bad_program (test_os.ExecTests).  But

Python 3.0x (py3k, Aug 27 2007, 22:44:06) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> import ctypes
[39344 refs]
>>> ctypes.windll.kernel32.SetErrorMode(7)
0
[40694 refs]
>>> import test_os
[55893 refs]
>>> test_os.test_main()

doesn't present the OS popup prior to process exit.

-- David