[Python-3000] [Python-Dev] Need help fixing failing Py3k Unittests in py3k-struni

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Wed Jul 11 14:50:44 CEST 2007

Guido van Rossum schrieb:
> That would be great! Assign it to theller who can test it much better
> than I can.
>
> On 7/11/07, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc <amauryfa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thomas Heller wrote:
>> > I would love to look into these, but I prefer debugging on Windows.
>> > However, the windows build does not work because the _fileio builtin
>> > module is missing from config.c.  Again, this is not so easy to fix,
>> > because the ftruncate function does not exist on Windows.
>>
>> In fileobject.c, there is a replacement for ftruncate. See the code
>> around the call to SetEndOfFile().
>>
>> I'll try to provide a patch later today.

Awaiting your patch ;-).

The most important problem, IMO, is now that wide filenames on Windows are not
implemented, see the code starting at line 148 in _fileio.c.  This prevents
most unittests to run because test_support cannot be imported:

C:\svn\py3k-struni\PCbuild>python  -E -tt ../lib/test/regrtest.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../lib/test/regrtest.py", line 165, in <module>
    from test import test_support
  File "C:\svn\py3k-struni\lib\test\test_support.py", line 182, in <module>
    fp = open(TESTFN, 'w+')
  File "C:\svn\py3k-struni\lib\site.py", line 412, in __new__
    return io.open(*args, **kwds)
  File "C:\svn\py3k-struni\lib\io.py", line 122, in open
    (updating and "+" or ""))
NotImplementedError: Windows wide filenames are not yet supported

Thomas