[Python-3000] Heaptypes

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Jul 20 01:58:30 CEST 2007

> How about instead you help with fixing pickling of datetime objects?
> This broke when I fixed test_pickle. Rolling back your changes to
> datetime pickling didn't seem to help.

Never mind; this was shallow -- cPickle doesn't pickle bytes
correctly. I've decided to get rid of cPickle -- someone is writing a
replacement for the summer of code anyway. The new approach will be
that you always write "import pickle" and this transparently attempts
to use the C accelerator if it can be imported, like heapq.py and
_heapq.c.