[Python-3000] pep 3124 plans

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Jul 22 03:09:05 CEST 2007

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> I.e., customers usually don't give you a step-by-step, "well, first I
> check if the customer has an outstanding balance before I ship them
> anything."  They say, "Don't ship stuff to people with an outstanding balance."

In my experience, customers often give you a vague,
incomplete and even contradictory set of rules. It
takes a lot of careful thought to refine them into
something complete and coherent, and it requires
considering all the rules together to see how they
interact with each other.

The GF approach encourages scattering the rules
over different parts of the program, and I can't
see how that helps with this process.

--
Greg