[Python-3000] Py3k: error during 'make install' in py3k-struni ?

Lars Gustäbel lars at gustaebel.de
Thu Jul 26 00:54:41 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 07:26:45PM +0200, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:

> > It should not faild but we know that it is failing. The module isn't
> > easy to fix either. I spent about an hour on tarfile.py without any
> > luck. It's a beast and seems to be rather old style code from the Python
> > 1.x days.
>
> Don't despair, the white knight in shining armor might not be too far
> away to safe you from the dragon :-)

Yea, I heard that call :-)

> Seriously, Lars Gustäbel (CC'ed) has always been quite helpful in
> fixing whatever problem arise with the tarfile module.
>
> Lars, do you have a chance to look at porting the
> module to 3k/struni?

I just took a quick look at it, but I could not reproduce the
above error message. However, it is obvious that tarfile.py is
completely unusable in py3k-struni and it is my job to fix it,
which seems to me far from trivial at the moment. I have to
catch up with py3k development as well, so I am not able to
estimate when the job will be done.

--
Lars Gustäbel
lars at gustaebel.de

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy
to those who think.
(Horace Walpole)